Udon Soup with Pork Bones Meal Kit (2 for $12) #40Milk & Eggs
Udon Soup with Pork Bones Meal Kit features Udon Noodles, Pork Neck Bones, Eggs, Green Onions, Ginger, and Portobello Mushrooms. Pork broth is not only really good for you, but it's extremely tasty, too. You can alter or change whatever you want about this recipe as well, which is also really convenient. This udon soup pork broth recipe with a soft boiled egg and grilled mushrooms is the perfect cold weather dinner or a chilly afternoon treat. The soft boiled eggs brings that extra texture and flavor to the pork broth when it's all mixed together! (Makes 2-3 bowls of soup - feeds 2)
- Chikara Fresh Jumbo Udon (1 pk)
- Pork Neck Bones 1 LB
- Green Onion
- Eggs (use 4 eggs)
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Soy Sauce
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chile Flakes
- Start by making your broth: First, lightly sear your pork bones in the pot, just for some extra flavor and smokiness.
- Then add about 3-4 cups of water. You can definitely use stock but for the purpose of this 2 for $12 meal, water works just as well. Cut your green onions, ginger and garlic, you can just roughly chop this! And then put in the pot with the pork bones and let simmer.
- In the meantime, start sautéing your mushrooms with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Grill for about 10 minutes and add 1tsp of soy sauce. Set aside.
- Start to make your soft boiled egg. What I like to do is first boil the water, then add the eggs in softly in the boiling water. Put your timer on for 6 minutes and then rinse with cold water or put in an ice bath. Peel gently!
- Slice your green onions and get ready to make the udon. Once all this is complete, start to assemble in bowls. Put the broth first, then udon, then grilled mushrooms and finish off with your soft boiled egg and chives.
*Disclaimer: These are all the ingredients used from M&E directly, we are assuming you have the essentials: salt, pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce, etc.