Spicy Fried Chicken Meal Kit (2 for $12) #38Milk & Eggs
Spicy Fried Chicken Meal Kit features free-range Chicken Wings & Drumsticks, fresh Carrots, and crunchy Celery. This dish's spice level can be adjusted to your liking, as some like it hot and some not! Spicy Fried Chicken Meal feeds 2 and can be enjoyed anytime of the week!
- Rocky's Free Range Chicken Wings
- Rocky's Free Range Chicken Drumsticks
In pantry you should already have:
- Spices of your choosing: we used chile powder, ancho chile powder, chile flakes, cayenne, smoked paprika. You can really make a spice blend of whatever spices are in your pantry.
- Cast Iron
- 3-4 Eggs
- Peanut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Make your dry rub: add a bunch of spices in a bowl and mix, don't forget salt and pepper!
- Start by patting your chicken dry and set aside. Once fully dry, add on the dry rub mixture and let sit. You can either do this overnight or wait 20-30 minutes.
- Start by getting your flour and egg mixture ready. For both these mixtures, add the spice rub in (just a little bit) and for the egg mixture, add in a touch of water. When mixing the eggs, make sure it is fully mixed together so the whites are mixed fully in the yellows.
- Get your pan hot, and I mean HOT! We used peanut oil but you can add whichever you like. We used a deep cast iron and filled the oil up a little bit below halfway and waited around 15-20 minutes to make sure that baby gets hot hot!
- Once you do this, dip your dry rubbed chicken and dredge in the egg mixture. Use your fingers and shake the chicken to make sure that all droplets are off from the egg. This helps for even frying and non-clumpy breading.
- Then put the chicken in the flour mixture and make sure it is evenly distributed throughout all parts.
- Start the frying process. Put on one side of the chicken in the oil and let it sit and fry, do not move it! Cook around 9-12 minutes on each side, until you notice it’s frying and brown.
- When finished, put on drying rack and serve with celery and carrots.
*Disclaimer: These are all the ingredients used from M&E directly, we are assuming you have the essentials: salt, pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce, etc.