Paleo Breakfast Plate @avocadoathletes (Serves 2) #35Milk & Eggs
Follow @avocadoathletes for more recipes and photos!
Paleo Breakfast Plate features fresh Organic Pasture Raised Eggs, Smoked Applewood Bacon, Organic Sweet Potatoes, Cream Cheese Style Spread with Chives, and Baby Arugula. This breakfast can be made in about 20 minutes and is Paleo diet friendly. Impress your friends or family with this fun to make dish since it can be eaten as a plated meal or a not so formal breakfast sandwich! Serves 2.
- 1 x Chino Valley Organic Pasture Raised Eggs Half Dozen
- 1 x Niman Ranch Sliced Applewood Smoked Bacon (14-16 Slices)
- 1 x Avocado Large (cut into slices)
- 1 x Josie's Organics Baby Arugula Salad
- 1 x Organic Yam Garnet 1lb
- 1 x Kite Hill Cream Cheese Style Spread Chive (1 Tbsp)
2) Wash 1 organic garnet yam (sweet potato), cut in four hotdog length slices, microwave the cut slices for 1-2 minutes, let cool.
3) Take out a medium size frying pan, spray with oil, put on medium to high heat, crack two eggs (hear the sizzle), then turn down heat to medium, add 1 tsp of salt to frying eggs
4) Take your cooled sweet potato "toast" in your toaster on medium high, let toast for 1-2 minutes
5) Prepare your avocado slices on a plate with handful of arugula
6) Take out your sweet potato "toast" and lie on plate, next take the Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese spread a create a thin layer on each toast, then apply avocado and arugula on each "toast"
7) Check on bacon, once done to your liking remove from oven and transfer to a plate with paper towels to remove excess grease
8) If you'd like to make sweet potato open face "toasts" or breakfast sandwiches, take one fried egg and put it on one side of the "toast" and add one piece of bacon on the other side of the "toast"
9) Eat as a breakfast plate, open face or press the two "toast" sides together to enjoy a Paleo breakfast sandwich! - Don't forget to save the extra bacon for a Paleo BLT ;)
*Disclaimer: These are all the ingredients used from M&E directly, we are assuming you have the essentials: oil spray, salt, pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce, etc.