Israeli Shakshuka @sexyicecreamgirl (serves 4) #31Milk & Eggs
Follow @sexyicecreamgirl for more recipes and photos!
Israeli Shakshuka is a dish that is made throughout the Middle East and is especially popular in Israel, where it is often eaten for breakfast. This exotic dish is vegetarian, gluten-free and features Organic White Onion, fresh Red Bell Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Tomatoes, Garlic, Eggs, and various spices. Shakshuka is a great meal to offer close friends and family and will enjoyed by all! Serves 4.
- 1 x Onion White Medium Organic (peeled & diced)
- 1 x Bell Pepper Red (chopped)
- 1 x Pepper Serrano 1 LB (2-3 chopped)
- 4 x Round Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 x Garlic Sleeve (4 cloves minced)
- 1 x Chino Valley Organic Pasture Raised Eggs Half Dozen
- 1 x Cilantro Bundle (1/2 cup chopped for garnish)
- 1 x cup tomato sauce
- 1 x tbsp paprika
- 1 x tbsp cumin
- 3 x tbsp olive oil/avocado oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 x Brothers Products Pita Bread
- 1 x Brothers Products Pita Chips
- 1 x Brothers Products Hummus Traditional 8oz
- 1 x Brothers Products Tzatziki Sauce 8oz
1) Heat oil on a deep, large skillet or sauté pan at medium heat. Add diced onion, sauté for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the chopped bell pepper and chopped Serrano/jalapeño peppers, and sauté until softened. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and minced garlic. Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Add paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well.
2) Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce. Cover the pan, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
3) Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve with toasted pita bread, side of pita chips, taziki and hummus. Enjoy!
*Disclaimer: These are all the ingredients used from M&E directly, we are assuming you have the essentials: salt, pepper, tomato sauce, paprika, cumin, olive oil, etc.