Crispy Potato and Chorizo Tacos (Vegan) #47Milk & Eggs
Crispy Potato and Chorizo Tacos (Vegan) features yukon gold potatoes, vegan "chorizo", yellow onion, organic garlic, corn tortillas, and cashews. These amazing tacos can be prepared in 35 minutes or less and are perfect for the family or group of friends any night of the week (Serves 5)
- 10 x Potato Yukon Gold 1 LB (washed, dried and diced)
- 1 x The Abbot's Butcher Spanish "Chorizo"
- 1 x Onion Yellow Large (sliced)
- 1 x Garlic Organic (minced)
- 1 x Sprouted Corn Tortillas
- 1 x Cilantro bundle (garnish)
- 1 x Jalapeno Pepper 1 LB (sliced for garnish)
- 1 x Red Cabbage 1.5 LB (shredded for garnish)
- oil for frying
For the Crema:
- 1 x Navitas Organics Cashew Nuts 8oz (1 1/2 cup soaked overnight)
- 3 x Lemon Extra Large (3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons Tapatio
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your potatoes and lightly fry until they begin to brown. About 7 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and continue to stir until fragrant. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in “chorizo” until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add ingredients for crema and pulse until creamy. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in a greased grill pan until lightly charred on each side. Remove from heat and begin assembling tacos with “chorizo” and potato mixture, cilantro, jalapeños and red cabbage. Top with Tapatio crema.
*Disclaimer: These are all the ingredients used from M&E directly, we are assuming you have the essentials: Tapatio, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar, etc.