Family owned & operated since 1920. Ernest Broguiere, a French immigrant from the Alps, began the dairy by purchasing a lemon grove on Maple Avenue. When the lemon business failed to take off, he bought a Holstein cow and several hundred glass bottles and started selling milk.
In 1965, Ernest's son, Ray Broguiere Sr., took over the business and made a few changes, including the painful decision to get rid of the cows.
All the glass bottles carry the dairy's friendly logo of a cartoon cow saying, "Milk so Fresh, the Cow Doesn't Know it's Missing." Why glass? Most will agree it makes the milk colder, fresher, more natural, maybe a little thicker. Or just plain better-tasting!