Zucchini Pad Thai Recipe
Looking for a way to mix up your noodle recipe? Try this zucchini pad thai recipe! This recipe is a tasty and flavorful vegetarian dish so it will be sure to satisfy everyone!
- 3 pounds zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
PAD THAI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- ⅛ cup fish sauce
- ⅛ cup rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup coconut aminos
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add ½ tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Chop of the ends of the zucchini and run them through a sprializer to make noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer you can also use a julienne peeler and peel them to their core.
- Press some paper towels on the zucchini noodles to absorb some of the liquid. Toss them in the pan and cook, stirring a few times, for 6-8 minutes or until tender but not too soft.
- Remove from heat, toss with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil into your pot and add two lightly beaten eggs.
- Scramble the eggs and once they are cooked through, set aside.
- Add shallots to the pot and cook until lightly browned and fragrant. Then, add your zucchini noodles and eggs back into the pot. Pour in pad thai sauce*.
- Top with crushed almonds, green onions, and cilantro, and stir until well blended. Dish up and garnish with extra almonds, green onions, and cilantro.
PAD THAI SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
- Combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, lime juice and pitted dates in a blender. Blend on high for about one minute.
- Slowly pour in sesame oil while blending to emulsify the mixture and blend for another 30 seconds.