This is a simple salad recipe to celebrate winter time festivities and health! This salad is not just delicious, it is also very beautiful and perfect for the holidays!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the quinoa, add ½ cup of water to a small saucepan and add quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 13 minutes. Remove from heat, keeping quinoa covered, and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the kale, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss together until evenly coated. Top with additional pomegranates, cranberries and walnuts as desired, serve and enjoy!