Vodka Sauce Bolognese
Recently I was craving my two favorite pasta sauces… Vodka Sauce & Bolognese. I REALLY couldn’t decide between the two, so decided to combine them both! Y’all. Let me tell you how freaking amazing it actually is, you’ll never want another pasta sauce ever again! Its rich, creamy, meaty, and so dang delicious I could eat it alone like soup. It’s a super easy recipe and is totally customizable as well! I added arugula in with my pasta & sauce, but you can add some zucchini, spinach, kale, really whatever veggies you’d like too!
This recipe can also be completely vegan and gluten free!
- 1-1 1/2 jar(s) marinara sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2-3/4 cup filtered water
- 3 tbsp plain unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 package Abbot's Butcher ground beef or any vegan beef crumble
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 pound rigatoni *if you use gluten free pasta, this whole dish will be gluten free
- vegan parmesan
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
In a pot over medium heat, add your olive oil, diced onion, and 2 garlic cloves (minced). Once translucent and fragrant, add your beef, and cook until browned.
Add your marinara sauce into your pot and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
While your sauce is cooking, add your cashews, water, 2 cloves of garlic, cashew yogurt, and salt to taste into a blender and blend until completely smooth. You want this the consistency of a thick heavy cream, not super thin like milk.
Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of cashew cream to your sauce (depending on how creamy you like it. I added 1/3 cup), and stir to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste, and then stir in your crushed red pepper flakes. Reduce to a simmer and keep covered until ready to serve.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions, and then mix with the sauce. Add in your fresh basil (chopped) & arugula, and top with vegan parmesan while serving.
Original Recipe from PLVNT