Vegetarian Quinoa Salad Recipe (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Looking for something both delicious and healthy? You must try this vegetarian and vegan quinoa salad recipe! Did you know that whole grain quinoa cooks quicker than most other grains? It also is an excellent source of protein (~11 grams of protein per cup of cooked quinoa). This recipe is PERFECT for vegetarian and vegans! This recipe includes cucumber, bell peppers, broccoli and tomatoes, but you're more than welcome to experiment with different veggies, such as zucchini, corn or even kale or spinach greens! We can't wait to see your creation! (Makes 6 servings of quinoa salad)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (you can also use water instead)
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole grain quinoa
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup lightly steamed broccoli florets
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash salt and pepper, to taste (sea salt tastes best)
- First, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth (or water, if you prefer) until it fluffs up, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking, allow to cool slightly, then, toss the quinoa with the vegetables and the lemon juice dressing mix, stirring to combine well.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, and chill before serving if you have the time.
Original recipe from The Spruce.