Crispy Potato and Vegan Chorizo Taco with Tapatio
This recipe is great for a #TacoTuesday at home or if you're just in the mood for something simple yet delicious for dinner. It's hearty and best of all, completely vegan! Use Tapatio (or any hot sauce of your choice) for an added kick!
For the Tacos:
- 10 Yukon Gold potatoes, washed, dried and diced
- 1 package of Abbot's Butcher Spanish "Chorizo"
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Oil, for frying
- Corn Tortillas
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Jalapeños, sliced, to garnish
- Red cabbage, shredded, to garnish
For the Crema:
- 1 ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons Tapatio
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your potatoes and lightly fry until they begin to brown. About 7 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and continue to stir until fragrant. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in “chorizo” until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add ingredients for crema and pulse until creamy. Let stand 10 minutes.
Heat tortillas in a greased grill pan until lightly charred on each side. Remove from heat and begin assembling tacos with “chorizo” and potato mixture, cilantro, jalapeños and red cabbage. Top with Tapatio crema.
To make it even easier for you, we created a meal kit which provides almost everything you need for this recipe (use your own favorite hot sauce).