Vegan Crispy Chicken Wontons
These VEGAN Crispy Chicken Wontons are filled with Abbot's Butcher ground chicken, plenty of aromatics, and are fried to perfection. What more could you ask for?! Try these instead of takeout for your next dinner.
- 1 package Abbot's Butcher ground chicken
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1.5 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 2-4 tbsp jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 tbsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying (canola, vegetable, etc.)
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Start by finely chopping your scallion, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, mint, and cilantro & zesting / juicing the limes.
- Cook all of your ingredients besides the wonton wrappers & oil for frying in a skillet over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Once cooked, allow your filling to cool on the counter for about 20 minutes before wrapping your wontons.
- Take your wonton wrappers (they should be square) out of the package. Take 1 teaspoon of filling and place it in the center of the wonton. I use an actual teaspoon measuring spoon because the rounded bottom helps uniformly add the filling to the wonton. Line the edges all the way around with some water, then fold the wonton over itself into a triangle. Make sure to push any air out, firmly push around the filling to make it tight, and press all the edges to seal. Then on the two outer flaps of the triangle, wet the ends slightly, and fold in on themselves, like a tortellini, and press to seal. Repeat until you've used all of your filling.
- Heat up your oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 400F. Place 6-8 wontons in the fryer for about 3-4 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat until you've fried all of your wontons.
- To make the dipping sauce, simply mix your sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and toasted sesame seeds together until well combined. Serve alongside your hot, crispy wontons... and enjoy!
View more information on The Abbot's Butcher HERE!