This ultra creamy coconut curry is made with coconut milk and tons of veggies for a quick and easy, healthy family dinner that is gluten free and vegan friendly!
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped, about half a small onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
Sweet Potato Noodles:
- 1 mango, large, diced, about 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 red chili, thai, minced, adjust to preferred level of spiciness
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil on medium/high heat and cook the carrots for about 3 minutes, until they just begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the red bell pepper, broccoli, onion and ginger and cook until they begin to soften and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the 1/2 Tbsp of yellow curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the can of coconut milk (make sure you mix it well before adding!) and a pinch of salt, mixing well.
- Raise the heat to medium/high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium/low heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- While the sauce cooks, heat the remaining coconut oil in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Spiralize the potato using the 3 mm blade and then add it into the pan. Cook the noodles, stirring often, until they just begin to wilt, about 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- While you wait, toss together the diced mango, red onion, Thai chili, apple cider vinegar and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Divide the noodles between two plates and top with the curry. Garnish with the mango salsa and extra cilantro and enjoy with your family!
Original Recipe from Food Faith Fitness.