Celebrate Valentine's Day with these super cute cupid arrow pancake kabobs! This is a quick and easy recipe perfect for a Valentine's "breakfast in bed" to show that special someone that you love them!
- 1 cup flour ( or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- whole strawberries washed with stems removed
- blueberries washed and dried
- clementines or mandarin oranges peeled and broken into segments
- (8″ long)
- (condiment container)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg and milk. Stir until moistened. Stir a little bit more to remove additional lumps. Spoon or pour batter into condiment container.
- On a hot, lightly greased skillet, draw heart pancakes using the batter in the condiment container. My heart pancakes are 2.5-3″ in size. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly brown. Let cool.
- Thread two oranges slices, one strawberry, and blueberries onto a bamboo skewer.
- Add pancake heart. Repeat until you have the desired number of pancake kabobs. Makes 12-15 kabobs.
- Once you place your fruit and pancake onto the skewers, you could use scissors to remove the pointed ends. If you wanted, serve syrup for dipping the pancakes.
Original Recipe from ThisOleMom.