Turmeric-Tahini & Lime Dressing
Tart and good for your heart, this creamy and bright dressing uses all the goodness from nutritious plant-sources like sunflower and sesame seeds (hello, vitamin E), anti-inflammatory turmeric, and antimicrobial garlic. Not only is it a colorful way to jazz up any old salad, your taste buds and tummy will both thank you! Having a homemade dressing on hand can fit just about any culinary bill or occasion, and it’s a cinch to make!
- 2 1/2 tsp organic Tohkin Sunflower Seed Oil
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp tahini paste (ground sesame seed paste)
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp raw sesame seeds
- 3 shakes of Chili powder (about 1/2 tsp)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 lime, juice
- Salt & pepper
- Water, a few splashes (or more for desired consistency)
- Optional: add 1/2 an avocado to make a delicious instant, creamy “mayo” variation
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender (I used my Magic Bullet with the cup-sized attachment), blend until smooth, and go on, be the best dressed!
Note: This is a smaller yield, for maybe 2-3 servings. If you want to make a larger batch, simply double or triple the recipe and adjust water for desired consistency. Works great as a spread, dip, or sauce for salads, bowls, sandwiches, wraps, tacos, veggies, or protein!
Recipe & Photos by Tohkin