The Bu Difference
Kombucha has enchanted people for centuries with its incredible health benefits, from supporting immune health to boosting energy to decreasing inflammation. Kombucha is a combination of tea, probiotic-packed kombucha culture and the food source for that culture - organic cane sugar. The Bu optimizes the fermentation process so that most of the sugar is devoured by the culture, leaving a natural healthy source of probiotics, enzymes, herbs, spices and tea that is brewed to perfection.
The Bu Kombucha was founded in 2011 by Gary Hawes, a surfing, snowboarding biochemist living in Hawaii. Hawes started drinking kombucha to help him recover from his intense workouts, but was turned off by the heavy, vinegary taste that each brand offered. Realizing the potential health and wellness aspects of kombucha, Hawes retreated to his garage and applied his scientific knowledge, determined to develop a great kombucha that was both healthy and delicious. From his garage in Hawaii, TheBu Kombucha was born.
Great things about The Bu:
- Pure, raw kombucha with no fruit juice added (their flavors come from organic flavored teas)
- 25 calories and less than 5 grams of sugar per 7 ounce serving
- The Bu starts with a superior culture, cultivated to yield a kombucha that is balanced and has a dramatically less vinegary taste profile.
- 2 billion CFUs probiotics per bottle in addition to the naturally forming CFU’s which are a product of the brewing process.
- Antioxidants, enzymes and organic acids restore vitality and energy
- USDA certified organic, raw, gluten-free, non GMO Project Verified, vegan, kosher