Thai Chicken Larb
Bringing the heat with our Thai Chicken Larb! Easy and healthy with ground chicken, herbs & spices to create the most delicious lettuce cups. Read on for the full recipe!
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Head of Green Cabbage
- 1-2 Cucumbers
- 1 Bundle Mint
- 1 Bundle Basil (optional, gives a little more freshness!
- 1 Bundle Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chile Powder ( I add in more because I like a lot!)
- 1-4 Thai Chiles (optional!)
- 1-2 Green Onions
- 1-2 Shallots
- Start by grilling your ground chicken in a pan! You want this to be cooked all the way through and get a little crispy. Let sit and grill.
- Rice powder time! Toast the rice powder for about 15 minutes and let cool for a couple of minutes. Place your rice powder in a pestle and mortar and start to ground and grind the the rice powder for about another 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the rice powder with the larb and a little bit of chile flakes.
- Add sugar, fish sauce, lime and stir.
- Slice the shallots and add them in next when about 5-6 green onions and cilantro. After that, add the mint in a mix.
- Tip: you want to do this in these steps instead of throwing all the ingredients at once since this way it preserves the flavor and tastes exactly like traditional larb!
- Serve with cucumbers and cabbage + enjoy!