Thai Basil Chicken
Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Krapow) is the best quick and weeknight dinner! Top the krapow with a crispy fried egg and let the yolk drizzle over the rice and chicken.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bird eye chiles
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- To begin make your stir fry sauce by mixing oyster, sauce, Thai seasoning sauce and 2 teaspoons sugar. Set aside. In a pestal and mortar or blender (you can also finely chop), blend your garlic and birds eye chile, adjust with water as needed.
- Next, in a pan or wok, take your ground chicken and pound down until its crumbled. Let it crispy a bit and cook through for about 5-10 minutes. Add your stir fry sauce and garlic/chile blend and stir. Add your green beans in, then 1 teaspoon sugar and fish sauce. Let everything combine here for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add your basil and white pepper. Mix and serve with rice and a fried egg.
Original recipe & post by LindseyEatsLA for Milk and Eggs