If your family can't decide between Italian or Mexican food, then we've got the perfect solution, Tex Mex Ziti! This beefy and cheesy casserole combines the best of two cultures in just one dish. Not only will your whole gang be pleased, but you will be too, 'cause this recipe is weeknight-easy!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 (12-ounce) package ziti
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
TIME 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion for 5 minutes. Drain off the excess liquid and add to the drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well until combined and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 25 minutes, removing the foil halfway through. Then remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Original recipe by nomsandbeyond.