Sweet Spinach Muffins Recipe - Perfect for Kids!
Do you have stubborn children that refuse to eat healthy? Try this sweet spinach muffin recipe! These kid-favorite muffins are 100% whole wheat, refined-sugar-free, and packed with fresh spinach!
- 18 standard – cupcake liners
- 2 cup – flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 3/4 cup – milk
- 1/2 cup – honey
- 1 large – banana
- 6 ounce – spinach
- 1/2 cup – butter, unsalted
- 1 large – egg
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a muffin pan with paper liners (or use silicone muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely pureed.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredient bowl, and fold together gently until just combined. (Do not over-mix.)
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are firm to the touch on top, but not quite browning.
- Cool most or all of the way before serving.