Sunflower Beet Bruschetta
The Sunflower Beet Bruschetta is perfect for bringing to summer parties. This colorful, healthy finger food is easy and fast to make and usually one of the first things completely devoured when I bring it to gatherings. This recipe is set for a serving size of 20, which happens to be the amount of sliced baguettes which fits on a cookie sheet comfortably. Ingredients are layered and sliced in specific sizes to allow for easy eating in either one or two bites without making a mess.
Serving Size: 20
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 Sourdough baguette
- 1 cup Tohkin Sunflower Seed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Fresh mozzarella or mozzarella di bufala (container of mozzarella enclosed with brine)
- Sunflower microgreens
- 3/4 cup cooked beets
- 2 medium to large heirloom tomatoes
- 7 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Slice sourdough baguette into thin 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix peeled and pressed garlic cloves into bowl of Tohkin Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each sliced baguette and lay on nonstick 12×17″ baking sheet.
- Broil for 4-7 minutes until golden on top or desired crispiness is reached. Remove immediately.
- Place several sunflower microgreens on each baguette slice.
- Add a second layer atop the microgreens with sliced mozzarella.
- Thinly slice tomatoes into pieces slightly smaller than the cheese. Layer on top.
- Cut the beets into thin triangle shaped pieces about two-thirds the size of the sliced tomatoes. Lawyer on top.
- Using a teaspoon, gently dollop balsamic vinegar on top of the beets. 1 teaspoon should dollop 3 slices.
- Serve within several hours.
Recipe & Photos by Tohkin