Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadilla with Handmade Tortillas (Video)
This is a recipe on how to make handmade tortillas along with squash and mushroom for the quesadilla filling. Exclude cheese for a a Vegetarian. This is a Vegan and paleo friendly recipe that is very tasty. This recipe calls for fresh ingredients like squash, mushrooms, and more!
- Slice mushrooms, summer squash, and onion.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms until tender (8-10 minutes).
- Remove mushrooms and add onions. Salute until slightly carmelized.
- Add sliced squash and cook until tender.
- Mix 2 cups of masa marina and add 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Work the masa for 2 minutes.
- Shape masa into plum-sized balls.
- Flatten masa balls with tortilla press or roll out the masa with a rolling pin.
- Heat griddle or large skillet on high heat. Cook tortilla for about 1 minute on each side.
- Take oaxaca cheese.
- Place tortilla on medium heat skillet.and add fillings.
- Top with 2nd tortilla and flip over to heat.