With Halloween fast approaching, now's the time to get started on fun treats. These are both delicious and addicting. Not to mention how easy and fun it is to make! They are perfect for Halloween: Strawberry Ghosts!
These are great for planning ahead or last minute treat. And the best part? They don't need to be perfect. Usually when you are dipping anything in chocolate, there's the worry about it pooling at the bottom and having all that excess coating. Not with these! That's exactly what we want to do!
Prep time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
6 ounces (1 box) white baking chocolate (Or regular chocolate)
About 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Wash and dry strawberries. Make sure they are fully dry to prevent the chocolate seizing up.
2) Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler (or in the microwave, whichever you prefer).
3) Dip strawberries in, remove and allow the excess chocolate to pour off onto the wax paper to form the "tail" of the ghost; slide the strawberry back and set on wax paper to dry.
4) Before chocolate has set, place two mini chocolate chips on as the eyes. For the mouth, you cut off the tip of a mini chocolate chip and place on the strawberry with the bottom side facing up. Or you can melt the rest of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and use a toothpick to paint on the mouth. This can be an opened or closed "Mouth"
5) Once finished, freeze the strawberries for 5 minutes. Keep refrigerated until they are ready to be served.
If there are any excess semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can melt these to make regular chocolate ghosts. Follow the same steps and use red icing for the eyes and mouth.
All done! Your ghosts are now ready to be eaten!