Steak Sandwich with Stonewall Kitchen Garlic Aioli
When we think of steak, we usually think of a nice piece of meat on a fancy plate with some sides in an elegant setting. However, with this recipe, you can take your delicious steak on the go! No fancy attire required.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 bread lounge baguette (cut in 3's)
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tsp Stonewall Kitchen aioli
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 8oz flank steak
- Slice your red onions really thin and get your 1 cup of arugula ready, drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 juice of lemon. Set aside.
- Pat your steak dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your pan with a drizzle of olive oil until the pan is HOT! Once hot, place your flank steak and add 1tsp butter with 1 sprig of rosemary. Don't move the steak and let sear and cook for about 3-4 minutes. After 3-4 minutes, flip and add another 1 tsp of butter. Start to baste - spoon your butter/oil mixture over the top of the steak and do this for another 3-4 minutes for a nice medium rare.
- Take off the pan and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Slice against the grain.
- Get ready to assemble! Slice your baguette in 3's and in half. Put on 1tsp aioli per sandwich, pile on arugula, 3-4 pieces of slices steak, red onion, and a little bit of lemon juice.