#Bowlgoals! Steak salad with peanut sauce, pickled radish and tomatoes, grilled mushrooms + more. Pickling veggies is an easy way to preserve your produce that adds nice flavor to any dish! In addition to preserving, it also has a lot of health benefits, specifically for your gut health. Top with a fresh base, in this case, butter lettuce, and then grilled mushrooms. Read on for the full recipe!
Servings: 2-3 large salads Time: 1-1.5hr
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
Pickled Tomatoes & Radish (2 jars)
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Spices, your own preference
- For the radish pickled jar, add a few cabbage wraps to bring out that strong pink color in the radish!
Peanut Sauce ( makes about 1 cup)
- 3 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar, you can use brown sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
Mushrooms - you can use whatever kind you'd like, this recipe calls for Shitake
Peanuts (make your own or buy chile lime at grocery store!
- Start by pickling your veggies first and make the cabbage salad. Pickled veggies will be ready in an hour but for ultimate brininess you can leave them overnight!
- Get your ingredients together: cut the butter lettuce and grill the mushrooms
- Make your peanut sauce using the above ingredients. Use a little bit of water to start and then keep adding so it doesn't stay too thick or doesn't get too watery
- Dry your steak and season with salt and pepper only. This NY steak is a thick cut, so it takes about 8-10 mins on each side. Feel free to pop in broil for a couple minutes after the sear or finish cooking on stovetop. Let rest and slice.
- Assemble: Cut your avocado ( do this last so it doesn't brown), place your butter lettuce in first, place on the mushrooms, cabbage salad, pickled veggies and the sauce.