See ya later bread and hello sweet potatoes. This Sweet Potato Egg in a Hole uses spiralized sweet potatoes as a nest to hold your eggs, making breakfast gluten free, paleo, nutritious, and fun!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup egg whites, divided
- salt and pepper
- Cut the ends off your sweet potato. Place in spiralizer and spiralize using the smallest noodle shape. Trim the noodles so they are not too long.
- Heat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Once hot add sweet potatoes, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Once done place in a bowl.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Add half the sweet potato mixture and form into a nest type shape with a hole in the middle, leaving room for the egg. Pour 2 tablespoons egg whites on sweet potatoes. Add egg in the middle and cook for 4-8 minutes, or until cooked to your preference.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining mixture and egg.*
- Serve with sides of choice. Enjoy!
*If your pan is large enough, you can make both egg nests in one step.