Spicy Coconut Ramen
Here is a recipe for all you noodle lovers!
This unique Spicy Coconut Ramen packs a ton of flavor and warms you to your soul. The curry paste is made from scratch which makes it bright and fresh.
To Make the Curry Paste:
- 1/4th cup sliced ginger
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 T water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2-3 dried chiles
- 1-2 T oil
- Start by making your spicy paste by charring up 2-4 dried chiles of your choice (you can use Anaheim, thai chile, anything!), ginger, garlic and onions for about 15 minutes until charred in a skillet without oil.
- Place the charred mixture in a blender with oil, paprika, turmeric, curry powder and a little bit of water. Blend until a thick paste like texture.
- Start to heat a soup pan and add in the coconut milk and let simmer. Once bubbling, add in your curry paste, the shiitake mushroom and sesame oil. Adjust to taste by adding more salt, pepper, paprika and curry powder.
- Let that simmer and make your egg noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Once your curry is boiling and simmering, take off the heat and add in your noodles, top with lime wedges, chili flakes and green onions.