This Halloween recipe will knock your socks off! We typically enjoy these shredded chicken and rice stuffed jack-o-lantern peppers on Halloween Eve as the day of gets pretty crazy sometimes.
INGREDIENTS (Slow Cooker Shredded Taco Chicken)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
DIRECTIONS (Slow Cooker Shredded Taco Chicken)
- Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker, sprinkle seasonings on top and then cover with diced tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken and allow it to remain in sauce.
INGREDIENTS (Stuffed Peppers)
- 4 bell peppers your choice of color
- 2 cups Mexican rice
- 1 shredded chicken breast from the above recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
DIRECTIONS (Stuffed Peppers)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, rinse peppers, slice off the tops and hollow out the insides, be sure to remove any seeds and the white part inside. If desired, use a small paring knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern face.
- When water is boiling, put the peppers and tops in and allow to cook for about 5 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Mix the cooked rice, shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, and black beans together in a large bowl.
- Fill each pepper with the chicken and rice mixture and top with extra cheese, if desired. Replace pepper top back on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and pepper is done to desired tenderness. Alternately, once peppers are stuffed, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate, when ready to cook, preheat oven to 350, remove plastic wrap and bake for 1 hour.