Gotta love cranberries! With this stuffing recipe, your turkey is sure to taste extra delicious! Your family and friends will simply fall in love.
- 1-1/2 packages (12 ounces each) sausages
- 1-1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the broth, butter and eggs and seasonings. Pour over bread; toss to coat.
- Fold in the pecans, cranberries and the sausage mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°.