Salmon in a Soy Sauce Marinade with Broccoli and Rice
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Look no further! This salmon in a soy sauce marinade with broccoli and rice is super simple to make! This dish is also great for a nice night in for Valentine's Day dinner at home.
- Two 5-6 oz portions of Salmon
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Olive Oil
- Chicken stock
- Brown Sugar
- Make the marinade. Mix together ¼ cup of organic soy sauce, a tablespoon toasted sesame oil, 1-2 cloves of garlic minced, 1 tsp minced ginger, 2 scallions chopped, a ½ tbs of brown sugar, and a ½ tsp fresh black pepper.
- Marinate the salmon in the mix in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Take the fish in the marinade out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Add Olive Oil to pot. Add garlic. Once garlic is brown, add chicken stock and rice. Let rice cook, adding a pinch of salt.
- Cook salmon in a ceramic or Pyrex dish for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven.
- Add cut up broccoli to a pan and sauté. Add a clove of minced garlic and soy sauce to taste. Cook over medium high heat until broccoli is browned.
Original Recipe by Evan Dockser – father to Samantha Dockser aka @the_starving_actor.