Roasted Chili-Lime Cod Filets
Cod filets are rubbed with a flavorful spice mixture before roasting to perfection. Top this roasted chili-lime cod with a delicious lime-butter sauce and serve over your favorite veggie and rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice for a simple weeknight meal!
You will need:
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Cod Fillets
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 Limes, juiced and zested (optional)
- Cooked Rice, Quinoa, or Cauliflower Rice
- Vegetables for serving
- Prep Time: 1 hour (with 30 minutes refrigeration time included). Serves 2.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients to create a spice mixture. Brush the cod filets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then rub the filets with the spice mixture on both sides. Use up all of the mixture, so make sure to coat them well. Refrigerate the cod filets for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Place the cod filets on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes. I tripled this recipe to save on recipe time. (by tripling, the total prep time increased)
- While the fish is roasting, in a small saucepan or pot, melt the butter with the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the lime juice and zest and swirl the mixture. After the fish is done roasting, make sure the fish is cooked through; the first should have a flaky texture, and the fish would look opaque.
- Serve the cod on top of your rice or quinoa and vegetables. Pour the lime butter mixture over the cod and enjoy!
Original recipe by nomsandbeyond.