Raspberry and White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies - Valentine's Day Recipe
This Valentine’s Day, why not give your honey something that you took time and poured your heart into? Show him/her how much you care with these cute and delicious raspberry and white chocolate Valentine’s Day shortbread cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup white chocolate (optional but recommended)
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and icing sugar together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vanilla and salt and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour gradually until your mixture has formed a dough.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your surface and roll out the dough until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut out your cookie shapes with a cookie cutter. On half the cookies, cut out a smaller heart shape in the center.
- Place cookies on baking tray and place tray in the refrigerator to chill while the oven is preheating.
- Bake the cookies 8 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- On the cut out cookies, sprinkle a layer of icing sugar on top.
- Once the cookies are cooled, melt the white chocolate. Then spread a layer of melted white chocolate on the full cookies (ones that are not cut out). Let the chocolate set slightly for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of raspberry jam on top of the chocolate.
- Place the cut out cookies on top. Be careful not to smudge the icing sugar.
Original Recipe from Ahead of Thyme.