Rainbow Kale Salad
Have a salad that is beautiful both inside and out! This salad not only has vibrant colors that will make you happy, but also has feel-good food that will have your body thanking you.
- 1 bunch of kale
- half head of red cabbage
- 1 bunch – 5 large carrots
- 4 small persian cucumbers
- 3 fresh beets
- 1 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons (strained)
- 1-2 tsp raw honey to taste
- Himalayan sea salt
- one garlic clove (peeled) - optional
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Optional toppings to make a meal:
- roasted chicken or sprouted pumpkin seeds
How to Prepare:
- destem all kale leaves by cutting around the stem lengthwise on both sides, chop kale
- into small bite size pieces and place in large mixing bowl
- using half head of purple cabbage, chop & mix with kale
- using 1-2 tbsps of olive oil and a quick squeeze of lemon – massage oil and lemon juice
- using your hands into the kale and cabbage before adding other ingredients.
- peel carrots length wise to create long thin pieces, chop with knife if preferred
- chop cucumbers, peel beets & chop into small pieces as well
For the dressing:
- in a small blender cup: combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, pinch of salt and one garlic
- clove (optional) for a bolder flavor – blend until smooth and creamy – add a tablespoon of water if consistency is too thick.
Serve & Enjoy!
- Add sprouted pumpkin seeds or roasted chicken on top for a full meal or enjoy as a side salad alongside your favorite meal.
Credit to: @BEACHLIFEORGANIC