Quick Weeknight Spaghetti Dish with Veggie Meat Sauce
Meat sauce with spaghetti is a classic recipe for many families. However, we've got a special recipe for you that not only packs a tasty punch, but is also healthier for you and your family. The fresh spinach is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and iron and is also great for men concerned about their prostate health. Combine the fresh spinach with the hearty ground meat for extra protein added to the dish.
- 1 cup Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Container Deminicos Marinara Sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup peppers green or red
- Handful of Spinach
- 3 bundles of Deminicos Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot or skillet with tall sides, add onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers and meat; cook for 6-8 minutes, or until meat is cooked through; use a wooden spatula to break apart while cooking.
2.Meanwhile boil water for pasta
3. Add oregano, black pepper, Spinach and Marinara to meat mixture; whisk well to combine ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer
4. Add spaghetti to boiling water cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain
5. Add spaghetti to Sauce Lightly stir it so that spaghetti combines with sauce/meat.