Peppermint Truffles - Holiday Dessert Recipe
Do you have leftover peppermint candy canes from Christmas? We've got a solution to your candy cane influx! These Peppermint Truffles are a must try for your post-holiday celebrations!
- 20 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate morsels, or other good quality dark chocolate (2 packages)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- 6 ounces ghirardelli melting chocolate
- 6 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- In a glass bowl, combine chocolate morsels with heavy cream. Microwave for one minute. Stir until smooth. If not completely smooth, heat by 15 second increments, stirring between each interval.
- Once smooth, refrigerate for about one hour, until chocolate is slight firm (soft enough to scoop, not hardened).
- Scoop by 1 tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for about an hour (or overnight).
- Melt white chocolate and chocolate wafers in separate bowls according to package directions.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tapping on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Drop onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Immediately add crushed peppermint and repeat until all truffles are dipped. Store in airtight container.