Panzanella Salad With Fried Capers & Sesame Oil Marinated Onions
You've got to try our panzanella salad recipe! This is a very popular dish, especially during the summertime. A panzanella salad is a Tuscan salad that is made of stale bread chunks and tomatoes. Read on to see what we top it with!
- 1 Bread Lounge Baguette
- 1 Box Arugula
- 1 Radicchio
- 1 Baby Tomatoes
- 1 Bundle Basil
- 2 Cucumbers
- Bundle Capers
- Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, peppercorns, chile pepper flakes
- The first step is to get your croutons ready so they have time to cool until the salad is ready. Break off your baguette into cubes and place in an oven with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Until browned, about 10-15 minutes. When finished, let cool.
- Prep your ingredients, slice your cucumbers thin, chiffonade your basil your tomatoes in half and prep the radicchio and arugula.
- Start to make your sesame oil marinated onion. Slice your red onions thin and place in a jar with 1/4 cup of sesame oil, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of regular olive oil. Put a little bit of salt, peppercorns and red pepper flakes. You can let sit on the counter for about 15-20 minutes or over the next few days to get more of a pickle.
- Heat a pan and place on a handful of capers until they are fried through, add a little bit of olive oil so it gets crispy.
- Time to plate! Put your arugula and radicchio mix first, place on the cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, croutons and red onion mixture. Serve with your favorite dressing, lemon juice and olive oil work great for this!