Paleo Shopping List
A Paleo diet should be high in fat, moderate in animal protein and low to moderate in carbohydrates, fruits, and nuts. Calorie counting is not encouraged and neither is portion control. Eat generous amounts of saturated fats (coconut oil, butter, clarified butter or ghee), animal protein including red meat, eggs, poultry, pork, wild caught fish, shellfish, stocks & bone broths (pasture-raised and grass-fed meats from local farmers preferably), fresh or frozen vegetables either cooked or raw and served with fat (starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes and yams are great as a source of non-toxic carbohydrates), and try to eat fruits low in sugar and high in antioxidants like berries as well as nuts high in omega-3, low in omega-6 & total polyunsaturated fat.
Preferably choose pasture-raised and grass-fed meat from local, environmentally conscious farms. If not possible, choose lean cuts of meat and supplement your fat with coconut oil, butter or clarified butter. Also preferably choose organic, local and/or seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Cut out all cereal grains and legumes from your diet. This includes, but is not limited to, wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, brown rice, soy, peanuts, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans and black eyed peas. Cut out all vegetable, hydrogenated and partly-hydrogenated oils including, but not limited to, margarine, soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil, canola oil, safflower oil and sunflower oil. Olive oil and avocado oil are fine, but don’t cook with them, use them in salad dressings and to drizzle over food.
Eliminate added sugar, soft drinks, all packaged sweets and juices (including fruit juices). As a rule of thumb, if it’s in a box, don’t eat it. At the grocery store, visit primarily the meat, fish and produce sections. Eliminate dairy products other than butter and maybe heavy cream. You don’t need dairy, but if you can’t live without it, read this article and consider raw, full-fat and/or fermented dairy.
Consider supplementing with vitamin D and probiotics. Levels of magnesium, iodine and vitamin K2 should also be optimized. Iodine can be obtained from seaweeds. You probably don’t need a multivitamin or other supplements.
Paleo Shopping List
- Chilean Sea bass Fresh 6 oz
- Ahi Tuna Fresh Sushi Grade 6 oz
- Albacore Tuna Fresh 8 oz
- Arctic Char Fillet Wild Fresh 8 oz
- Swordfish Wild Caught Fresh 8 oz
- Red Snapper Fillet Wild Fresh 8oz
- Halibut Fresh 8 oz
- Mahi Mahi Fresh 6 oz
Salmon Scottish Premium Fresh 6 oz
- Jumbo Scallops Frozen 1 lb
- Jumbo Alaskan King Crab Legs & Claws Frozen 1lb
- Maine Lobster Tail Frozen 6 oz
- Chino Valley Omega 3 Brown Eggs
- Chino Valley Organic Pasture Raised Eggs Dozen
- Pasture-Raised Alfresco Eggs
- Maple Leaf Farms Frozen Whole Duck
- Free Range Airline Boneless Breast
- Ground Chicken 1 lb
- Ground Pork 1lb
- Pork Chop Center Cut 2 Bone 10oz
- Pork Tenderloin Fresh Niman Ranch
- Black Angus Beef Blend 1/2lb Patties
- Filet Mignon Steak USDA Choice 12oz
- New York Steak Grass Fed 8 oz
- Ground Beef Lean Blend Grass Fed
- USDA Prime Ribeye Steak 12oz Niman Ranch
VEGETABLES: Both fresh and frozen veggies work! You can eat them either cooked or raw and served with fat. Starchy veggies like sweet potatoes and yams are also a great source of non-toxic carbohydrates.
SATURATED FATS: Generous amounts of saturated fats like coconut oil and butter or clarified butter will help with the Paleo diet. Eat low to moderate amounts of nuts. Nuts high in omega-6, low in omega-6 and low in total polyunsaturated fat like macadamia nuts will be good for this diet. If you have an autoimmune disease, digestive problems, or are trying to lose weight faster, cut out nuts from the diet altogether.
- 4th & Heart Ghee Butter White Truffle Salt
- 4th & Heart Ghee Butter Himalayan Pink Salt
- Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
- Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Butter 8 oz
- Artisana Organics Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- Navitas Organics Superfoods Hemp Seeds 8 oz
- Navitas Organics Superfoods Chia Seeds 8 oz
- Navitas Organics Superfoods Cashew Nuts 8 oz
- Barely Bread Cinnamon Raisin Sliced Loaf
- Barely Bread Olive Baguette
Brothee Organic Roast Chicken Bone Broth 8 OZ
- Brothee Organic Bold Beef Bone Broth 8 OZ
Probiotic Boost Sauerkraut Simply Sauerkraut
Probiotic Boost Kombucha Lemon Cayenne
Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Mayo Avocado Oil
MILK AND EGGS "PALEO" RECIPES: