Oven-Roasted Summer Vegetable Linguine Recipe
Enjoy a nice home-cooked family meal! This oven-roasted summer vegetable linguine recipe is delicious and healthy for the whole family!
- 1 pound small zucchini, mix of green and yellow, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 baby eggplant, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups mini heirloom or cherry tomatoes
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 package linguine (9 oz.)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese (5 oz.)
- Fresh oregano leaves for garnish
- PREHEAT oven to 450° F.
- PLACE zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and garlic on large rimmed baking sheet; toss with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread into a single layer (if needed, use 2 baking sheets).
- ROAST for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender and golden.
- MEANWHILE, prepare pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Place pasta back in saucepan. Add vegetables to pan along with reserved water; toss gently to coat. Heat over medium heat to warm through. Add basil; toss gently. Top with cheese. Garnish with oregano.