Meal Prep: Tips and Tricks
Meal prep on point! A great way to keep it fun and exciting is by incorporating a lot of colors in your meal prep and switching up your proteins and veggies. All of the items in our meal prep can be purchased at Milk and Eggs also, making it even more easy to accomplish meal prep days. Read on for all the tips, tricks and items used for this weeks meal prep.
Comment below if you'd like to see more meal prep variations or what you're favorite items are to put in yours are!
What you'll need:
- 1 Bundle Organic Colored Carrots
- 1 Watermelon Radish
- 1 Hanging Tender Steak
- 1 Broccolini
- 1 Bundle Fennel
- 1 Bundle Radish
- 1 Package Mint
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Salmon Atlantic Fillet
- 1 Bundle Beets
- Pesto spread: basil, mint, lemon, jalapeno, olive oil
- 2-3 Lemon
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your radish, carrots + beets!
- Make your salad by slicing fennel, radish and mint and toss with salt, pepper, garlic, 1/2 lemon juice and olive oil.
- Get your ingredients ready for roasting! Slice your cauliflower and broccolini and roast for about 30-40 minutes.
- Make your spread: in a blender, mix basil, mint, lemon, jalapeno and olive oil. I wanted mine a really thick spread but if you wanted a dressing, you can add some water, olive oil and more lemon.
- Grill your salmon and steak in a grill pan with some salt and pepper!
- Put your meal prep in bowls and containers and have a great week. :)
- Colorful: It's so much more fun and exciting when you eat healthy + colorful foods!
- Switch up: your veggies and protein! If you do cucumber salad one week, do cabbage salad the next week.
- Glass containers: helpful for easy heating and helps keep food fresh and cold in the fridge
- Dedicate a day of the week to organize, order and plan your meal prep as well as leave time to get ready for cooking! Although that one meal prep day may take a while, it will save you time in the long run for the rest of the week.
- Pickle veggies! Pickling veggies is a great way to preserve your ingredients and is also extremely good for your gut health. You can pickle your own veggies or use items like sauerkraut or buy pickled beets or ginger to just add onto your meals!
- Toppings and seasonings are important and give so much extra flavor: Meal prep can sometimes be boring by my incorporate different and quick elements, you can elevate your meal prep! Making a simple fried egg adds so much to your meals (+ protein!), it takes about 1-2 minutes and you can just make this fresh to spice up your bowls! Add some sesame seeds, red pepper flakes or even just salt and pepper. It makes all the difference!
Meal prep inspired by @leefromamerica.
More meal prep ideas and recipes: