- Remove giblets and neck from thawed turkey; put in a roasting pan.
- Season turkey with salt & pepper, inside & out.
- Loosen skin and spread sage butter underneath.
- Glaze entire turkey with maple syrup.
- Bake for a couple of hours, basting with additional syrup every 30 minutes.
- Arrange raw strips of bacon on top of turkey; glaze again.
- Bake for about one more hour or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove turkey from oven, tent with foil, allow to rest, carve, and enjoy!