Enjoy the flavors of the classic BLT with our lettuce wrap version, which encases savory bacon in a refreshing blanket of lettuce and tomatoes. A smear of lemon aioli escalates lettuce wraps to another level. Serve with a hardboiled egg to add more calories and protein.
- 4 slices (40 grams) uncooked center-cut bacon (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 medium (30 grams) lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) reduced-fat mayonnaise (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 medium (180 grams) Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large (50 grams each) hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Cook bacon until desired doneness. Set aside on paper towels so excess fat can drain.
Grate 1/4 teaspoon zest from the lemon into a small bowl. Squeeze about 1 teaspoon lemon juice in bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and basil.
Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each of 4 lettuce leaves. Top evenly with tomato, egg, and bacon. Sprinkle with pepper. Wrap leaves around filling.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps (includes 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, 1 tomato, and 1 tablespoon aioli)
Per serving: Calories: 280; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 207mg; Sodium: 464mg; Carbohydrate: 12g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 12g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 121mg; Iron: 6%; Vitamin A: 11%; Vitamin C: 11%; Calcium: 3%