Loaded Vegan Nachos with Sunflower Seed Queso
This recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday! Super simple to make and it is sure to score a touchdown with your guests!
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds soaked in 2 cups water for 4 hours, or overnight for best results
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp miso
- 2 tbsp kite hill cream cheese plain or jalapeño for an added kick!
- Drain raw sunflower seeds and add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Transfer queso to a saucepan and heat on medium-low until heated through. Use for nachos, on pasta, as a dip, etc.
- For nachos use your favorite chip and toppings. We used Beyond Meat beef crumbles, tomato, salsa, avocado, radish, cilantro, green onion, lime, jalapeño, and Forager cashew yogurt as a sour cream.
Original recipe by @forkinplants.