Homemade Iced Matcha Latte
For this month and beyond, I strive to do my best to avoid coffee as much as possible and to replace it with decaf green tea or homemade matcha drinks. I’ve decided to make this change to my morning drink choices since sugary coffee (darn the existence of creamer and condensed milk!) has led to an unhealthy amount of weight gain, and you’d be surprised how much sugary drinks can sneak up on you! As soon as I cut coffee completely out of my diet, I dropped five pounds within a week! (Insert shocked emoji)
Also, I hope you guys can help keep me accountable for sticking with wiser dietary drink choices for months to come - but of course, I’ll sneak in my “cheat” coffee every once in a while, heh ;) In celebration of a healthier future me, I wanted to share an amazing Iced Matcha Latte Recipe.
- 1 teaspoon of Aiya America Ceremonial Matcha
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut Butter
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk, lightly heated in a pot (heated, but not BOILING!)
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add 1 teaspoon of matcha to a bowl and 2 tablespoons of hot water to a mixing bowl. Mix quickly with a bamboo whisk until well blended. Add 1 teaspoon of Coconut Butter and dash of cinnamon and mix again. Pour mixture into a glass cup.
- Add ice cubes to glass cup.
- Pour 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk into a pot and set heat to high. Heat for 1-2 minutes. However, make sure that the milk does not BOIL - just make sure that it’s lightly heated!
- Add heated milk to the glass cup and stir mixture with a spoon. The drink should form a white-green ombre color before turning completely matcha green.
Original Post and Recipe by MissMisschelle