Homemade Chicken Dumplings with Emmer and Co
We teamed up with Emmer and Co to bring you one of our favorite comfort foods: homemade chicken dumplings. Dumplings may sound daunting to make but they are so much fun to make and are so delicious when you can use fresh, quality ingredients.
- 2-3 shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 T shaved ginger
- 1/3rd cup minced green onions
- 1 lb Emmer and Co Ground Chicken
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar
- wonton wrappers
- Start to mince your garlic, mince your green onions and shave your ginger so a paste forms. You can use a cheese grater or a mincer. You can also finely chop just make sure there aren't any big chunks!
- Mince your mushrooms and place your ground chicken in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, minced mushrooms, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, chili flakes, sesame seeds and vinegar. Mix well and set aside.
- Get your wonton wrappers and dip the ends on water. Place on a dollop of the chicken mixture and wrap. There are many ways to wrap a dumplings, you can pleat it, you can simply just fold it over in a triangle formation or you can make little pockets by pulling both left and right sides of the wrapper inward. Do what you like the most!
- From there, you can either deep fry, steam then lightly fry or fry the bottoms and then steam the dumplings from there in the same pan to make sure they are cooked through. Pair with your favorite sauce and enjoy!