Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
Thick style homemade pizza crust topped with sweet BBQ sauce, chopped chicken, onions, cilantro, and tons of cheese. Your soon-to-be favorite pizza!
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked, sliced chicken breast (about one 8-ounce breast)
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
- Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8.
- Toss 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce with the cooked, chopped chicken to coat it. Set aside.
- After waiting 15 minutes as described in step 11, top the crust with the BBQ sauce. Add more or less BBQ sauce depending on your taste. Then layer on the shredded mozzarella, then the BBQ-coated chicken, shredded gouda, then the onion slices. Bake for 14-16 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional.
- Top hot pizza with fresh cilantro. Slice pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.