There is just something about homemade baked goods from scratch. It gives a comforting feel. It smells up my entire kitchen and house, which only makes it that much better! I'm about to share a super simple sweet potato recipe that you will LOVE. It's easy, requires minimal ingredients and is so delicious you might need someone to hold you back from eating the entire batch right out the oven!
The ingredients required for this recipe are all ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. If you do need to purchase them for this recipe, they are all common products that can be used for a variety of other delicious baked goods and dishes!
This recipe is:
1. Simple - Sometimes, we don't want to spend 2-3 hours working on a recipe! The less ingredients, the easier the cleanup, the quicker you get to eat!
2. Healthy - It is sweetened with sweet potatoes and a hint of maple syrup. No worries, there are no refined sugars in this recipe! There is no butter or oil required!
3. Fudgy - These sweet potato brownies are dense and fudgy. It's naturally moist from the sweet potatoes.
4. Rich - The cocoa powder has a deep pure flavor because there is no sugar or milk added to the recipe. You will taste the real flavor of cocoa!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (https://milkandeggs.com/products/garnet-yams)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup nut butter of choice (https://milkandeggs.com/products/justins-classic-almond-butter-16-oz)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix all ingredients together and press into a greased 8 x 8 square pan. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes!
Let it cool for 10-15 minutes & enjoy! Do yourself a favor and make this recipe now. You will be obsessed.