Halloweeño Jalapeño Popper Mummies Recipe
These scarily cute mummy jalapeno poppers are coming back to life! This Halloween recipe takes jalapeno poppers to the next level by adding an extra element of surprise and spookiness!
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and pith / seeds removed (use rubber gloves so your hands don't burn from the jalapeño). Leave the stem if you can on some or all of the halves.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion (green onion), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Candy eyeballs (can substitute with a little cream cheese and piece of a black olive for the eyes)
- Preheat oven 400° F. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, scallion and salt until well blended.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (not triangles) with a perforation in the middle of each. Press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Using a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 10 long pieces lengthwise.
- Fill each jalepeño half with the cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, leaving a space for the eyes. Use two pieces of dough if necessary. Brush with egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the eyes into the cheese where the opening is. Remove eyes before eating. You may also use a little cream cheese and a piece of black olive for the eyes. Serve immediately.