These scarily cute mummy jalapeno poppers are coming back to life! This Halloween recipe takes jalapeno poppers to the next level by adding an extra element of surprise and spookiness!
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and pith / seeds removed (use rubber gloves so your hands don't burn from the jalapeño). Leave the stem if you can on some or all of the halves.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion (green onion), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Candy eyeballs (can substitute with a little cream cheese and piece of a black olive for the eyes)
- Preheat oven 400° F. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, scallion and salt until well blended.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (not triangles) with a perforation in the middle of each. Press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Using a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 10 long pieces lengthwise.
- Fill each jalepeño half with the cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, leaving a space for the eyes. Use two pieces of dough if necessary. Brush with egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the eyes into the cheese where the opening is. Remove eyes before eating. You may also use a little cream cheese and a piece of black olive for the eyes. Serve immediately.