Grilled Greek Lamb Skewers
What is it about food on sticks that makes them so darn fun and yummy? Grilling season is coming up, and I’m enjoying every bit of it because I love grilling and it adds so much flavor! If you agree, you need to keep reading because you’ll absolutely love this recipe. This recipe is paleo, Whole30, and keto friendly!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb lamb leg steak, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Vegetables for grilling (zucchini, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, etc.)
- Metal or bamboo skewers
- Lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and and whisk together.
- Place lamb pieces in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the meat. Massage the meat so it's coated with the marinade evenly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Cut vegetables into bit sized pieces.
- Thread the vegetables and marinated lamb pieces onto the skewers, alternating between the two. Pour the leftover marinade over the skewers so the vegetable are coated with the marinade
- Cook on the grill for 3 minutes on each side until the lamb is cooked through, about 9-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving
Original post and recipe by What Great Grandma Ate