Greek "Beef" Pita Wraps with Tzatziki (Vegan Recipe!)
Delicious Greek "beef" pita wraps that are completely VEGAN! If you're on a vegan diet right now, this is the perfect recipe for you. We sub out beef with a plant-based "beef" burger that is absolutely delish!
Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Abbot's Butcher "Beef" Burgers (2 Patties)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Package Pita Bread (contains milk)
- 1 Package Sweet Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Bundle of Dill
- 1 Bundle of Mint
- Start with your prep, we used a mandalon to slice the red onions and cucumbers but you can use a sharp knife and cut thin. Slice 1 red onion and 1 cucumber, set aside and slice sweet grape tomatoes in half.
- Make your arugula pesto and throw all the components in a blender.
- For the vegan tzatziki sauce, shred the cucumber on a cheese shredder. You can clear the cucumber juice once you shave it, or use it, up to your preference and how thick you want the dip. Once passed through the shredder (on the smallest blade) mix with 1/2 Lime Juice, 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil, 1/2 Tsp Dill and 1/2 Tsp Tahini. Mix and set aside.
- Take your "Beef" patties from The Abbot's Butcher and slice, about three times through each patty so you have 6-7 slices. Mix with a little bit of dill, mint and desired spices.
- Heat your pan and grill the patties until they are crisp and cooked through.
- Assemble your pita wraps with both the pesto and tzatziki, add tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and the patties. Top with dill and mint and drizzle some more sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
View more information on The Abbot's Butcher HERE!