Grain-Free Warming Breakfast Bowl
If you told me I'd be eating sweet potato with berries and yogurt this time last year I would have laughed in your face. I never thought of a combination like this working, until I tried it for myself and wow, it sure is delicious! This combination of healthy fats, low sugar berries and cinnamon vanilla sweet potato was heaven in my mouth, so much so that I had to share it with you guys! The sweet potatoes have been steamed and then sauted in some cinnamon, coconut butter and vanilla which I feel really is a necessary addition, and really brings out the sweetness of the sweet potato.
This breakfast bowl is perfect on a cool fall morning when you need something more warming than a smoothie and more comforting than a piece of toast. I also love how this bowl is grain free, paleo and has no added sugar.
The yogurt in this bowl is from my favorite brand - Kite Hill. They do amazing thing with Almonds, including greek yogurt style cups (less than 1g sugar), unsweetened plain yogurt or if you don't mind a little bit of sweetness in your breakfast, try out their vanilla yogurt.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of plain unsweetened almond yogurt
- 1/4 cup organic raspberries
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut your sweet potato into even chunks
- Bring a saucepan full of water to boil, steam your sweet potato for 15 minutes
- Once steamed, transfer to a fry pan with your vanilla, coconut butter and cinnamon.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown
- Transfer to a bowl with your yogurt, freshly washed berries and a drizzle of almond butter.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe by Saphira Tuffery (@peanut.head)